Thursday, May 19, 2005

missing some things from the past

One of the downsides of the ever quickening pace of technology is the loss of some good things we used to be able to get at a reasonable price.

Like a good quality answering machine. True, you can get a digital one today for less than you ever paid for a cassette system, but the sound quality is lousy and if you want one that has multiple outgoing messages (I used to just switch tapes if I was going on a road trip) and can store more than 25 minutes, you will be in a price range higher than the old cassette based ones.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Another downside I think about is the effect the constant flow of information will have on our persons. Don't get me wrong; I am all about being plugged in to the network. I am concerned, though, for what it will do to our long term concentration abilities. For example, after a week of vacation away from work and the Net, I can feel the 'stress' of not knowing what's going on in the world (and the job).